Electrical Code Violation Corrections in Southbury
Pass Safety Inspections with Ease in Newtown
The National Electric Code (NEC) is a set of standards created by the National Fire Protection Association for the safe installation of electrical connections. These requirements get updated regularly, and so you may need to make changes to your current electrical system to remain compliant. When you get a notice of violation, you have a compliance period to correct the violations before a deadline. Ferrer’s Electric LLC is here to provide dependable and fast electrical code violation corrections in Southbury so your business can return to its customers.
Don’t let code violations go unaddressed! Call (203) 745-2478 when you are ready to schedule a free estimate.
What Is the National Electric Code?
The NEC or National Electric code is a safety guide for electrical installations and repairs created by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Changes are made constantly, especially with today’s rapidly improving technology. Every three years, code updates are released, and our technicians are always up to date on the requirements to create a safe home or business for our customers.
Safety is our number one priority. That’s why our entire team is licensed and insured to provide reliable electrical code violation corrections in Southbury you can count on. Ferrer’s Electric LLC has ten years of experience and has served thousands of customers with a team that takes pride in our craftsmanship and is dedicated to your safety. Our technicians speak multiple languages to better serve and understand our communities needs while offering free estimates, payment plans, and discounts for military and first responders. No job is too small to be done correctly and efficiently by Ferrer’s Electric LLC.
“If you have an electrical project of any size I would highly recommend Pete and his team. Communication the most important aspect to any project and Pete is ontop of his game. He is very responsive to emails and phone calls and let me know every step along”- Joe V.
Common Code Violations
Whether you’re in the middle of a new construction or updating your current space for changes in the National Electric Code, you may wonder what issues to look for. Here are a few common code violations:
- Faulty Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs): GFCIs regulate the amount of current between outlets and are required in areas where water and electricity might mix, such as in the kitchen or bathroom. If this malfunctions, you risk electrocution, so they should be replaced as soon as possible.
- Wrongly grounded outlets: Buildings older than 1960 don’t have a ground in their outlets to help prevent fires in case of lightning or faulty appliances. To become compliant with the NEC, you will need to replace the receptacles and properly ground them.
- New additions with old wiring: Many businesses and homes are being updated with energy-efficient fixtures such as LED lights, but wiring that hasn’t been updated in the last 30 years may not be able to handle these temperature changes. Don’t put your business or home at risk for an electrical fire; always have your wiring inspected and updated when upgrading lights or appliances.
- Crowding a service panel: Your panel requires a clearance of 30 inches wide, three feet deep, and six feet and eight inches high to meet the NEC requirements or the size of a typical refrigerator. This protects the person working on the panel and allows the area to be accessed quickly in an emergency. This area should not be used as storage or require a ladder to access.
Safety is our top priority for our team members and your home or business. That’s why providing electrical code violation corrections in Southbury is so important to us. The NEC standards are created to protect you, and you’re building from electrical fires and other dangerous hazards.
Let us help you create a safe atmosphere for your family or employees today. You can contact us at (203) 745-2478 to speak to a member of our team today!
- Additions & Renovations
- Code Violation Corrections
- Fixture installation
- Service Upgrades
- Subpanels & Panels
- Club Memberships & Maintenance Agreements
- EV Electrical Vehicle Chargers
- Electrical Wiring
- Power Outlet Installation
- Ceiling Fan & All Lighting Installation
- Standby Generator Installation